Thursday 12 January 2012

Banana Bread

Banana Bread

Ok, so usually if you have to play the ‘waiting game’ to make Banana Bread it’s because you’re waiting for the banana’s to get those little black spots that tell you their overripe.  However, when I made this loaf of banana bread my bananas were ready to go yesterday I had to wait till today before I could use them because I was on the Gold Coast all yesterday and last night!  Oh the torture!!! I think I may have even dreamt about banana bread last night...

So I got up at 6am and went straight down to the kitchen to use my bananas!  Would you believe my brother (who was asleep on the couch) actually slept through the mix master!!!! Wish I could do that...It was in the oven by 6.45 but because I like mine with extra banana, it took a little longer to cook than what I would have liked.  Worth the wait in the end though, the aromas filling the house and the intense banana scent when I took it out of the oven was just amazing.  You could smell it throughout the house (over 3 floors) and out the front in our courtyard!  I bet the neighbours hate me today...

It was pretty hard for me to restrain myself from gobbling up the whole thing right then and there, but fortunately the loaf is still in its entirety and I will wait till it cools and moistens up THEN slice off a huge piece and devour it!  I find if you leave banana bread to itself for a little the banana flavour comes out a little more and the whole loaf just have a stickier and moister feel to it, worth the wait!

Super Moist Banana Bread from Spark Recipes

1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups castor sugar
2 Eggs
4 tbsp Sour Cream (can use yogurt as well)
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups overripe bananas (3-4 small or 2-3 large)

Mixture
Method:

Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with baking paper and spray with non-stick spray.  Then preheat the oven to 180C.  Beat the butter and sugar together then add the eggs, mixing well after each addition.  Then add the sour cream, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas and mix well.  Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.  If you have any left over bananas, slice one thinly top to bottom and lay the strips diagonally on top of the mixture.  Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.  


Then...let it sit and cool off, get all moist and yummy and......ENJOY!

Love in Baking, Passionate Baker! 2:D

No comments:

Post a Comment